Obama caught smirking at the remarks from Romney -- smirking helps to soften the silence of a defeated combatant. It is a kin to condescension.


I counted 3 times Obama "smirked" during the debate. And,  why did this happen?  

In each case,  the smirk made its appearance when Obama was caught off guard or simply did not have a response.  

Loser's in a debate, laugh at their opponents when they have nothing to say.

Friends of Barry Hussein argue that he has been too busy running the nation to properly prepare.  But that was not the problem,  tonight.  

Rather,  what we saw this evening,  was a man who had developed a set of talking points,  presented over the course of nearly a year,  wholly unchallenged by a Complicit Media.   The strategy was working fine;  Obama had broken into the lead.  And then,  and then,  and then along came Jones !!!  

Obama's talking points were largely ineffectual in the face of the man who knows best,  Mitt Romney.  

In so many words,  Romney told Obama.  "I am not going to raise taxes on anyone, certainly not the middle class  ---   and it is my plan and if I say 'I am not raising taxes on the middle class,'  then I am not raising taxes on the middle class."    Smirk #1. 

"You say, 'There are tax cuts for sending businesses to other countries.'  I have been in business for 25 years and I don't know what you are talking about.  Maybe I should get another accountant."  Smirk #2.

You keep saying that I am going to raise taxes by 5 billion dollars on the middle class.  I have five boys.  Often I would hear things not true spoken   over and over again, in the hopes that I would come believe their stories.  You can tell your story often enough that some will believe you,  but it is not true . . . . . . Smirk #3.




No comments:

Post a Comment