Update: Midknight Review's bi-annual report.

Trump won the election but I worry,  sometimes,  about his tweeting fetish.  If he wasn't so dang effective in everything else (ahhh,  make that 97% effective),  I would be worried  . . .  but I am not.  

In fact,  I really couldn't be happier.

The roaches and political pests have gone.  I get almost no comments/emails.  Gone is the 24/7 trash talk attacks  (its their version of "intellectual exchange").  

While they are gone,  the Review itself is doing just fine.  This past week,  the blog averaged 2,300 hits.  The week before,  the count was 450 per day.  The reason for the change  (and this sort of thing has happened a number of times before,  over the past 9 years)?  More original commentary covering the news of the day, as opposed to cut and paste with nifty headlines.  

Understand that you,  my readership,  have this Review on your blogroll and show up in mass,  when important events are taking place.  I will average 400 hits per day,  then something like a Trump tweet about Obama,  or the introduction of the health care reform bill or the like,  and the blog jumps from 400 to 2,500 per day.  At election time,  the blog was running more than 10,000 per day. 

Very rewarding,  in view of the fact that I work for the sake of how I see the nation   . . . . .   no advertising income ever.  As a free political blog,  Midknight Review is the largest such blog on the Internet.  It does not compare to Breitbart,  of course,  but Brietbart uses its comment line to build "pageviews" and sell advertisement.  Nothing wrong with that,  absolutely nothing,  but that takes staff.  

Me?  I am a retired builder,  a lone publisher,  intellectually involved with my theology and my politic,  as blue collar as you can get, a biker (non-gang related) and someone at 71,  who is sick and tired of being lied to by the people I keep voting for.   I do not care about party politics or party ideology  . . . . .   and that includes Jim Jordan's teaparty, no-compromise, agenda.  I like Jordan,  but I prefer Trump's non-partisan, country first agenda,  more.  

Back to the report.  In total, combining 4 of my blogs, with Midknight Review being the heavy hitter,   I have garnered nearly 3 million pageviews since 2008. 

Things are good,  right now.  While Trump is nobody's ideologue,  he supports virtually all of those things I consider critically important to the survival of this once great nation.  The GOP is my legislative body of choice.  The teaparty is my ideology,  for the most part,  but its "no compromise" stance makes it ineffective when it comes to getting things done   . . . . .  and we have 7 years of failed influence to prove the point.  So its Trump or nothing,  for me.  He is my last stand. 

It is good to have spent 10/12 hours a day for eight years and,  suddenly,  realize it was time well spent.  

Hail to the Chief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment