This is not the evolution of a man. Rather, what we have here, is the evolution of a lie.


No one comes to a new political opinion,  such as gay marriage,  100% fully developed in  terms of his ideas and future strategies   . . . . .   no one.  Yet,  that is precisely the case with Obama.    Proving?  That the man was lying from the start,  his lies were  part of a fully developed strategy extending into the current hour.  Nothing original with Obama;  its what Democrats do.  


 Before the 2008 election,  when he needed conservative votes  -  and his margin of victory  (53% of the popular vote) was that conservative constituency: 

 “I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian — for me — for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix.” - April 17, 2008, while running for president, defining marriage at the Saddleback Presidential Forum.

 “I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that’s not what America’s about.” - Nov., 2008, while running for president, in an interview with MTV.

After the 2008 election,  when the man did not give a damn about conservative opinion or the "white man's religion"  (words taken out of the mouth of Jeremiah Wright): 

 “I’ve called on Congress to repeal the so-called Defense of Marriage Act to help end discrimination to help end discrimination against same-sex couples in this country. Now, I want to add we have a duty to uphold existing law, but I believe we must do so in a way that does not exacerbate old divides. And fulfilling this duty in upholding the law in no way lessens my commitment to reversing this law. I’ve made that clear.” - June 29, 2009, as president, at an LGBT Pride Month reception.

“I have been to this point unwilling to sign on to same-sex marriage primarily because of my understandings of the traditional definitions of marriage. But I also think you’re right that attitudes evolve, including mine.” - Oct. 27, 2010, as president, in an interview with a group of liberal bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment