Here is a headline, another MISLEADING headline from the One Worlders at the AP:

Associated Press:   Sen. Cruz Won't Endorse Cornyn in Texas GOP Race

Editor's notes:  I say "MISLEADING" because it angers me that the national press has such a large "bully pulpit,"  and,  the aside/unmentioned fact that Ted Cruz is not endorsing any GOP primary candidate,  at least for the present time.  

I do not believe Senator Cornyn should be exercised from the GOP;  Cruz probably disagrees.  But here is my point,  

It is alright to in-fight and disagree with other members of the party.  The GOP has been doing that for as along as I can remember.  We change the nature of the party politic during the primary and midterm seasons.  We must lay down our arms,  however, after a fairly conducted campaign season has given the GOP,  its national candidate.  

The teaparty,  for the most part,  holds up Ron Reagan as its historic mentor.  That being true,  we should not forget that Reagan did not believe that someone within the party who was agreeable to "our" political views 80% of the time,  but differed 20% of the time,  was our political enemy.   He did not believe that the party should take its very public disagreements and in-fighting into a reality that equals two political parties fighting to destroy the other.  

I voted for McCain, in 2008.  I did not care for the man,  but,  because of Palin,  he got my vote.  Today?  In spite of what I am writing in this post,  I would not vote for the man  -  but for personal reasons.  Lindsey Graham is often pitched as McCain's shadow.  Perhaps,  but Graham would get my vote.  Why?  Because his public attacks against the more conservative elements within the party are not nearly as poisonous as those of McCain.  Plain and simply,  McCain has discarded all pretense of not being an ass.  


This business of "establishment/status quo" versus the Right (way),  is something I believe in,  but not to the point that I believe the establishment GOP is wholly unworthy of my support.  McCain is not simply "establishment."  He is an war-hawk Progressive without the pleasant attitude of a GW Bush.  

I do believe that Sarah Palin understands this.  She is against the "status quo,"  but when it comes time to vote "GOP versus a Marxist/One World/Borderless/Progressive Utopian,  she will vote "GOP" everytime,  and has made that point very clear.  

Her opposition to Chris Christie is exactly my stance, as well.  But if the big guy was able to survive the GOP primary process,  fairly run,  I would vote for him in a heartbeat.  So would the good Governor.  

Point of Post:  There is a realistic context to the GOP infighting.  We all need to understand that reality, know when to hold and to fold, and win a few national  elections, for a change. If we do this,  we  -  right-wing conservatives - will take back the GOP.   The times are right for conservative victories in 2014 and 2016. Let's not get totally lost in the weeds of party politics and blow these two elections.  I do not believe we will ever have such an opportunity again.  
_________________________

While Cornyn has got the wrath of Ted Cruz and some in the teaparty,  still he is an advocate for what the right-wing believes.  Check out this story detailing what Cornyn is doing,  in terms of strategy,  to take down ObamaCare:  

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/john-cornyn-obamacare-steve-hotze-lawsuit/2014/02/27/id/555216?promo_code=11EFB-1&utm_source=11EFEBefore_Its_News2&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1



No comments:

Post a Comment