Thanksgiving Off

Update:  I will be posting Friday morning.  Have a geat day  ~ editor.

My four blogs have seen 2.369 million pageviews over the past 10 years.    In the grand scheme of things,  I am a very very small blog,  but from a commercial point of view  (selling ad space which I do not do),  this is a free blog.  Significance?  That makes me one of the largest ad-free blogs on the NET,  if not the largest.

I am 73.  I have a Masters Degree and two Cal State construction licenses,  a Class A and a Class B license (each equivalent to a Master's degree)   Been a builder/carpenter for nearly 40 years and only went bankrupt once,  a Chapter 11 restructuring.  Our adult children include two teachers,  two nurses,  a lawyer, a business owner  (solar) and an ER doctor.  Add to this our 19 grandchildren,  and we are a rather large family unit.  Nobody in jail.  No one on drugs.  No one pregnant out of wed-lock,  that I know of   . . . .   (we'd love 'em no matter what, btw).

My three sons were California state wrestling champions, something for which I am very proud.  Went through a divorce,  Got behind on my taxes,  and now,  18 years later,  all things are good.  In other words,  I am very much like most of the people who read this blog.

I give away about 40% of my after-the-bills income (several hundred dollars a month) and I encourage all of you to do the same.  That's why I mention it.  If I can do it,  so can you.

Anyway, it's a good life.  See you after Thanksgiving (through Sunday).

4 comments:

  1. "each equivalent to a Master's degree"

    LOL LOL LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. General building contractor - four years in the trade(s); 4 hour trade test; four hour law test. For you to laugh is to show your ignorance as to all phases of residential and office construction, anything from residential to commercial to mediical.

      General Engineering license: another four years in the trades including pad construction and compaction requirement; heavy equipment operation; curb and gutter construction, paving (SC 800 and fast cure), storm drain, sewer and water pipe installation and more. I can build anything you can't live in or on, with on with one license and housing construction with the other. But see, this is what you uppity college types do, pretend that your education is better than others when you really could't hold down a real job outside the classroom and the salary you get from the State.

      Delete

  2. Can I hire you? I need to pour a slab and build a barn /workshop for my boat and tools at my mountain house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but I can send you operating manuals so that someday, after achieving some semblance of reading comprehension, you could actually use those tools.

      Delete