Here is what you can expect for the coming week and a half, but first, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my readership and thank you.

Final Update:  I am working on a number of stories for our first day of publication in the new year,  tomorrow,  January 2,  2014.  My "New Year's resolutions"  will effect how I approach this blog,  in very specific ways,  laying a foundation for less partisanship on my part and a greater degree of accuracy in my election/domestic projections. I was "right on" with my analysis of the 2010 midterms.  And,  while the Dems love to say,  "Elections have consequences,"  they and their media members,  have done all things possible to ignore that particular election.  

Unfortunately,  I was caught off guard in my failure to predict the 2012 election.  I knew that "evangelicals"  would be inclined to resist a Mormon candidate,  but I now believe,  that the non-Mormon evangelicals failed this country in that election,  preferring an aggressive secularists over a man of faith.   

I remain a "constitutional conservative" and will defend the "teaparty" as a movement within the American politic, as it stands in defense of the US Constitution,  established moral values  and a balanced budget with all of its implicit ramifications. 

Sarah Palin has become a conservative "icon," in my opinion and for a number of good biographical reasons.  She has become a conservative "icon" on a par with Ronald Reagan or Charles Krauthammer.  By contrast,  Barack Obama has become a politician on a par with Joe Biden, driven by self-serving arrogance  (hence his two autobiographies written before anyone knew who he was), and his desire to transform this great nation in ways that declare,  "I know better than all those who have gone before me and my time."

All of the above, and more,  will effect how I report the news as well as the content of my commentary.  Talk to you all,  tomorrow.  J Smithson,  blog editor and blue-collar cervante. 
 ******
< Check the date in the headline for the actually date of posting during this holiday season.>
Merry Christmas to all our readership. My publishing will be intermittent, at best,  during this vacation season (thru the 1st of the year).  We are a political blog almost exclusively, and "politicking" has been suspended for a short while. Obama is dead in the water but,  so too,  are the Democrat and Republican parties.  What a mess.  Somehow,  make this a season of peace and family.  I intend to do just that.

I have allowed for 8 posts during the holiday season.  I have had to "publish"  all on the same day,  before the texts were written. 

 Check the date in the headline for the actually date of posting.  

Update:  See you on the 2nd of the year. Stay sober or ride with a friend.  AND do not lose heart if you are a conservative.  I do believe "we" are winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment