He is fine with homo freedoms; he just does not agree with the "life style."



Phil Robertson,  speaking out as a member of a society that no longer believes in the free speech provisions embedded in the 1st Amendment,  has this to say about homosexuality.  Make note that he does not argue against the freedom to be a homosexual.   

“It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical,”

He was fired for this statement by the clowns who run our media entertainment. 

Me?  I say that there is something wrong with a love making occasion when you need to use antiseptic during the "after glow" session. 


Sarah Palin tweeted this in response to Robertson’s firing:  “free speech is [an] endangered species.” 

And Governor Bobby Jindal made this statement:  “Phil Robertson and his family are great citizens of the state of Louisiana. The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with.    I don’t agree with quite a bit of stuff I read in magazine interviews or see on TV. In fact, come to think of it, I find a good bit of it offensive. But I also acknowledge that this is a free country and everyone is entitled to express their views. In fact, I remember when TV networks believed in the First Amendment. It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended.”

4 comments:

  1. So predictable... rednecks rally behind the bigot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you part of the 3% or the 97%. Again, this is not about homo rights. It is about freedom of speech. You don't believe in free speech and the right to disagree?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just deleted a comment in which the respondent thought I was ignorant and "redneck" for believing that free speech principles apply to all. He thinks it only applies to government censorship, so I am assuming he will be fine with my deletion of his comments. After all, this is not a federal convention.

    ReplyDelete