File this under "Betrayal from the most unlikely of sources." Guess who is deserting the conservative cause? Try Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity and maybe Glenn Beck.


As it turns out, Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck are bought and paid for by Clear Channel.  Beginning with the first of the year,  Clear Channel is pulling these shows from local, commercial radio,  leaving millions without their daily dose of conservative talk.  Now,  we all have to pay to listen.    Anyone think that is going to happen?  

Here in the Central Valley of California,  our local station is KMJ.  Beginning with January 1,  it loses Limbaugh,  Hannity and Beck.   As of today,  not a word from these big talkers about why or what this all means.   

To reiterate,  what really gets to me is this:  none of the above are offering an explanation of what is about to happen.  In fact,  to hear them talk,  nothing is about to happen.  

I really do not like "turn-coats" and leaving local radio to fend for itself is more than unAmerican.   

I will tell you what I suspect:  this move is a historic and clandestined "double cross"  by Clear Channel to feed the Leftist move to on-air "equality."  

We conservatives have stood against the so-called "Fairness doctrine" for years.  And, now,  the rug is being pulled out from under the movement all because the likes of Rush and Hannity and Beck have allowed themselves to be part of a larger "for profit" cabal that cares not for conservative values.   

Doubt me?  Maybe you should take a little time to read this article at Broadband Social Justice.    

I will add this caveat,  "I could be wrong."  It is very difficult to find a definitive statement in plain English as to what is happening.  In fact,  I hope I am wrong,  but,  for now,  I don't so.  -----    j Smithson

2 comments:

  1. I'm confused by your article. Are you complaining about the free market economy depriving you of your favorite radio broadcasts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't read??? Or maybe its that I write at an 11th grade level and you read at a 6th level; which is it.

    ReplyDelete