The editor's man-bike . . . . .Sometimes we know there is life after politics.

Click twice and it goes full screen. 
Here is the "man bike" set up for inter-state travel.  The engine (an 1800 vtx 2003) has more power than that little '96 Honda Accord in the driveway.  The riding season is here,  although I rode a couple of times a week during the winter.  This Saturday,  I am riding with 1000 other bikers in a benefit for wounded cops.  It is a poker run and will take most of the day.  Kiss off a 100 bucks for doing nothing but sitting on my flabby butt, looking keen and mean.

Saturday morning around 6:30 am,  some of us will meet in a small town to the south for breakfast, then travel to Visalia (about 60 miles to the south) and begin the ride from there .  There will be food and the "blessing of the bikes,"  before we start the ride,   the second time my bike has been given a blessing.  "BS !!"  you say?  Well,  I should have been down and dead on three separate occasions during the past year.  Pardon me for being a believer.  And if I die over the weekend?  Well,  I guess I will die a believer.  Sue me.

2 comments: