Obama decides to violate another American Presidential tradition - he'll skip Arlington. One man says "Fine with me." Maybe he is right.

by Conservative Pup on May 27, 2010

Memorial Day approaches, and, though I’m ever mindful of the tremendous debt I and all Americans owe to the brave men and women who serve in our armed forces, I’m especially aware of it in these days leading up to this great American holiday in which we honor and pay tribute to those who gave all. Fallen soldiers who put their lives on the line for the defense of freedom and in doing so, made the greatest sacrifice, should be remembered and memorialized with grateful hearts all over the country.

Unlike most Americans, I’m not upset that BHO will not be participating in the wreath-laying ceremony at Arlington. I could care less where he goes and what he does on that day. Any tribute he might make would be patently false, meaningless, and I’d just as soon he didn’t participate in that somber and solemn ceremony; it would be demeaning for all in attendance.

We know how little regard and esteem our president has for our military men and women. Why should we complain that he isn’t going to participate in a ceremony which has great meaning for us, but none for him? It would do nothing but turn that touching and poignant ceremony into a charade, another photo op for him.

So, personally, I’m very happy that I won’t have to watch him fake his way through the motions of trying to look noble and sad, respectful and caring. Let him play golf, or tiddlywinks, sleep late, grab a mocha, whatever. I don’t care what he does, as long as he stays away from Arlington on Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment