If the conservative church is "rattled" by the High Court decision defending LGBT, it is because . . . .

Sarah Pulliam Bailey / Washington Post:
Christian conservatives rattled after Supreme Court rules against LGBT discrimination

If the conservative church is "rattled" by the High Court decision defending LGBT,  it is because it does not understand the issue of "grace" as presented in the writings of Paul or as it was/is exemplified in the reason/result of the death of Christ.  To make the case, briefly,  you should know the meaning of the word "grace" has to do with non-meritorious works.  In other words ,  we do not merit or earn the salvation that is ours.  

If you don't belleve a praticing gay can be saved,  you must also believe that such is true for practicing gluttons, tax cheats,  for those who argue with their parents,  or in some way are guilty of the comprehensive sin of omission.  A simple reading of the closing versues of Romans One and the opening verses of Romans Two will give you a list of sins that vary from serious to mundane.  

Does the Court's decision materially affect the mission of the Church?  For what it is worth,  I certianly do not think so, and, I beleive such because I cannot get past my own personal failings (or yours). 

On a personal level, I must admit my bias against gays.  Touch the inside of my leg and you will get hurt.   Certainly a hug would not be in order.  Having said that,  I cannot allow my bias to define "grace" to any degree whatsoever.  And if the result of the death of Christ does not define me or you,  there is no hope for unity.  

No grace, no national unity.  No grace,  no possibility of a happy relationship or marriage.  

'nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment