Just for the record: I think Newt is about to fall from grace.

Yesterday, watching Chris Wallace's Sunday show on Fox, I became very uncomfortable with Newt's last question/answer for the program.  He was asked,  "What will your role be in the new administration?" and he answered with something along the lines,  "I will be the Senior Strategic Planner for this Administration."  He followed that up with his plans to deliver a series of speeches at Heritage and write a book dealing with "what is Trumpism."  Wallace had asked about Newt's role,  and was told by Administration staff,  "there is no such position."  

If Newt's description of his future relationship with the Administration is not true,  and, again,  I have a strong sense that it is not true,  we will know tomorrow or in the very near future.  

Trump may let him down easy,  allowing Newt to save face   . . . . .   or Newt may be correct.  I am no profit,  but I knew within minutes of Sarah Palin's announcement that she had retired from being Governor of Alaska,  that she was going to become a key figure in the new conservative movement.  I was the first to make that prediction,  and, well,  that is exactly what happened.  

That same strong "hunch" hit me again,  yesterday,  as I listened to Gingrich  . . . . .   that he was making up stuff.    

Look,  unless my hunch is wrong,  Newt was not given a position in the Administration,  much like Rudy Giuliani.  Giuliani was able to move on,  with grace in spite of being obviously disappointed,  Newt maybe not so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment