Trump talking about the prosecution of Hillary. He is ready to move but . . . .

In other words,  I want to move,  but there may be those within my cabinet or in congress,  who want to pursue the matter  ~  editor


SULZBERGER (NY Times): If I could interject, we had a good conversation there, you and I, and it was off the record, but there was nothing secret, just wanted to make sure. The idea of looking forward was one of the themes that you were saying. That we need to now get past the election, right?
MATTHEW PURDY, deputy managing editor: So you’re definitively taking that (Hillary's prosecution ~ editor)  off the table? The investigation?
TRUMP: No, but the question was asked.
PURDY: About the emails and the foundation?
TRUMP: No, no, but it’s just not something that I feel very strongly about. I feel very strongly about health care. I feel very strongly about an immigration bill that I think even the people in this room can be happy. You know, you’ve been talking about immigration bills for 50 years and nothing’s ever happened   . . .

CAROLYN RYAN, senior editor for politics: Do you think it would disappoint your supporters who seemed very animated by the idea of accountability in the Clintons? What would you say to them?
TRUMP: I don’t think they will be disappointed. I think I will explain it, that we have to, in many ways save our country.
Because our country’s really in bad, big trouble. We have a lot of trouble. A lot of problems. And one of the big problems, I talk about, divisiveness. I think that a lot of people will appreciate … I’m not doing it for that reason. I’m doing it because it’s time to go in a different direction. There was a lot of pain, and I think that the people that supported me with such enthusiasm, where they will show up at 1 in the morning to hear a speech    . . . . . 

ELISABETH BUMILLER, Washington bureau chief: I just wanted to follow up on the question you were asked about not pursuing any investigations into Hillary Clinton. Did you mean both the email investigation and the foundation investigation — you will not pursue either one of those?
TRUMP: Yeah, look, you know we’ll have people that do things but my inclination would be, for whatever power I have on the matter, is to say let’s go forward   . . . . . .   
In other words,  I want to move,  but there may be those within my cabinet or in congress,  who want to pursue the matter  ~  editor

 _____________________
NY Times source:  http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/23/us/politics/trump-new-york-times-interview-transcript.html

2 comments:

  1. Hillary's margin of victory is now 2,078,272 ... and growing. This is the third largest vote total for a President in American history - in a year that had the lowest turnout in 20 years. The only President to receive more votes is Barack Obama (twice). No Republican in history has ever received this many votes for President.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This years election's popular vote total (127 million) beat the totals for 1994, 2000, and 2004 , so, your "20 year" number is bogus, as usual. You didn't have a turn out problem, you had a crooked Hillary problem. Trump took in more than 62 million votes, an all time high for a GOP candidate . . . . no turn out problem there. Besides, "low turn out" is a function of an election cycle, not a ready-made excuse for Democrats when losing an election, as in 2010, 2014, and 2016.

    The fact is this: The GOP is the premier party in the United States. They own 34 State houses (governors), 68 of 100 state congressional houses, have flipped 8,000 state and local positions from Democrat to Republican, has a solid 30% and rising Hispanic constituency, 53% of white women, `13% of black men voted for Trump, and that number will rise as soon as blacks figure out that their plantation owners have done nothing for them since LBJ.

    ReplyDelete