I am not an ideologue when it comes to the 2nd Amendment.

This is a MP5K.  It is 14 inches long without the shoulder stock (23 inches as pictured).  It can take a silencer,  barrel magazine, and fires 900 rounds of 9mm per minute . . . . .  the manufactureer's price is $29,000.  

I am a long-time member of the NRA and own two shotguns, a .223 long rifle and a Ruger 9mm with six full clips  (10 reounds each) loaded and ready for use.  The clips are loaded,  not the gun (no bullet in the chamber).   In fact,  my hand gun has never had a chambered bullet  . . . . .   never been fired.  My obly reason for owning the gun is "home defense." 

Having said all that,  the MP5K is not something I would want my neighbor to own.  Look,  the gun cost 29,000 bucks,  is totally illegal in my state of California  (no tears from me) , is completely unnecessary for home defense,  and 900 rounds of 9mm ammunition costs around $250,  give or take 50 bucks.  

Again,  here in my state of California,  you cannot buy or own this gun,  legally.  And,  I am "fine" with that.  Make this gun legal and in due time,  gang members would own this gun,  right after buying it on the street from some clown who broke into your home last week,  and stole your gun safe.   

My point?  I do not think we have given up any of our 2nd amendment rights,  in this day and age,  with this gun no longer available to the general public.  Call me crazy or "commie" but I am at peace knowing that I will never have a gun fight with someone carrying this weapon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment