Maybe this will help you decide if Obama is a post-racial fellow

Here is an except from Michelle Obama's senior paper. Midknight Review believes that Michelle is the window into the soul of Barack Obama. What is true for her is true for Barack. These are words taken from her senior paper at Princeton (go to Page Three above). She is definitely a Black woman in a white man's world. The Obama's are hardly post-racial. They bring a controlled sense of Black anger to the White House - an angry rhetoric they willingly listened to for 20 years, sitting at the feet of Jeremiah Wright. -- jds.

"My experiences at Princeton have made me far more aware of my 'blackness' than ever before . . . I have found that at Princeton, no matter how liberal and open-minded some of my white professors and classmates try to be toward me, I sometimes feel like a visitor on campus; as if I really don't belong. Regardless of the circumstances underwhich I interact with whites at Princeton, it often seems as if, to them, I will always be black first and a student second."

No comments:

Post a Comment