I was wrong about girls soccer.


Call it "women's soccer" if you want.  I could less about compliance to PC standards from the Left or the Right. I am 70 years old   . . . . .     they all are girls to me.  And since when is "girl" a pejorative?  How silly.

Earlier last week,  I over-reacted to the homophobic decision that set aside the 10th Amendment rather than allowing the cultural shift that was already under way with regards to gay marriage.  I mean,  of the 50 states,  36 already had pro-gay marriage laws,  up from zero,  20 years ago.   

I am still concerned that the Left will criminalize my opposition speech to this decision.  But,  I am more concerned that this criminalization will be a federal matter  . . . . . .   and we all know how Progressive/do-gooder governance reacts to its own laws.  Progressives have a way of devolving into Regressive Totalitarians in such cases.

Having said all that,  I broke down and watched the game and what a great game for the U.S.   The women won their 3rd world title since 1999,  the most such titles by any international team.  What you may not know is this:  of the 15 intervening years (since 1999),  Women's Soccer has been ranked "#1" in the world  12 of those 15 years. 

In other words,  they really are the best of the best.  Good for them  !!!!    Seriously.  My apologies for politicizing the team. 


3 comments:

  1. Arguably the greatest woman soccer player in the world, US's Abby Wambach is married... to a woman.

    "I can't speak for other people, but for me, I feel like gone are the days that you need to come out of a closet. I never felt like I was in a closet. I never did. I always felt comfortable with who I am and the decisions I made." -- Abby W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Btw, Martina Navratilova is or was one of my favorite athletes of all time. And why are all your Democrat candidates white? I mean, why not run Al Sharpton, he has spent as much time in the WH as your golfing leader. In fact, when he can't hit the links, that is called a "golf crisis."

      Delete