Midknight Review's editor and his beast of a bike.

Here it is. The biggest, baddest bike I have ever owned. It is a 2003 VTX 1800 C model. It is 740 wet pounds of naked aggression.

On the right side of the bike, I have added a hypercharger (an air intake/filter [K & N] filter system).

The previous owner added Vance & Hines custom pipes - a sweet sweet sound.

I took the passenger seat off and added the chrome deco rack plainly in view in the lower picture.



The travel bars (engine guards) look even better in real life. I intend to hang travel lights from the bars, giving me a wider highway presence.

I am adding a tinted thin line windshield for local trips. I have a full windshield with quick release fittings for the long haul. My travel bags are attached to that windshield. At present, I am planning on staying away from saddle bags . . . not the look I want. The bike is set up as a performance cruiser and I want to stay true to that intent.

The rear light has a deco overlay attached. In time, I will set the license plate on the left side and add a cruse control device to right side of the handle bars. I have added a "cigarette lighter" thingy that will be used as an electric outlet for a tire pump, phone charger and CD player.

I will be taking a trip to Seattle in April/May and another into Utah in the early summer.

Next week, my doctor son and I will be taking a trip into Yosemite Park, about two hours from my home. Should be a great trip.

I like the "comradery" of the highway, the accepting wave of other bikers and the validation of my rather pronounced manhood when I straddle this beast of a bike . . . . 0 - 100 in 5.6 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment