I have decided to limit my "participation" in the Obama economy. Here's why and how.


 Obama believes that "all spending is stimulus,"  that the national trend to save money during recessionary times is self-defeating.  Ben Bernanke believes this as well.

Artificially low interest rates accomplish two things:  it supposedly helps to maintain the flow of cash during recessionary periods and, it discourages folks from saving their money (because of the lower interest rates  --  below inflation) , forcing them to spend their cash on something other than savings.   Obama and company want you to spend,  spend, spend.  He has even said,  "Now is not the time to save" (back in 2009).  It all goes to the idea that “ we can spend our way out of this recession,”   and not only that, we can spend our way out of debt. 

As result of this bit of genius,  the debt continues to grow,  the ratio of GDP to debt continues to worsen and  the percentage of  borrowed money per   “a dollar spent”  has increased to 42 cents on the dollar  (yes,  we  overspend  our income by 42 cents for every dollar spent).

Point of post:  just to remind you of two things:  first,   this business of interest rate manipulation is preventing folks from saving money,  something that is thought to be a “right wing, nutcase” idea, now-a-days.   Secondly,   the notion that low interest rates will loosen up the giving of credit is not working,  either.  Businesses are hording this cheap money,  both domestically and overseas. 

Anyway,  my wife and I have cut up our credit cards (a few years ago, actually) and I now keep my “extra” cash at home, not in the bank.    What is so cool about that,  is the fact that when I get to the $10,000 mark,  I can go spend that money,  if I chose,  without having to report a “ten thousand dollar withdrawal” to the Feds.  I paid taxes on this money.  Why should I have to report to the stinking government?  Guess what,  I don’t have to . . . .  and I am following the rules.  Buul-ya !!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment