Problems with being transgendered . . . . even the Left is waking up to the need for this discussion.

Out of a BBC digital press release,  we have this from Australian academia:   

Greer, a feminist,  in her younger days. 
Australian-born academic and writer Germaine Greer has said that in her opinion, transgender women are "not women".
She also claims that "a great many women" who are not transgender think transgender women - who she refers to as "male to female transgender people" - do not "look like, sound like or behave like women".
Greer did say that she would be prepared to use female pronouns when referring to someone, if that was their preference, "as a courtesy".

<<<<  My first published nude, btw.  

Editor's notes:  Understanding that being a "woman" is not a matter of looks to the exclusion of your particular biology.  A transgender MTF  (male to female) is only playing a role in life that they see as preferable.  When I was a kid back in the 50's and 60's,  if someone said,  "I am tired of being a man.  I think I will be a woman, now,"  well,  that was a sure sign that someone needed therapy.  But today,  the Left has decided to criminalize any opposition speech that dares to critique this phenom.  

Still,  the MTF of today,  will never fit into the larger heterosexual community to the same degree as a biological woman.  I mean,  we think of "them" as a third gender,  correct?   

That is not to say they should not be accepted on a societal level   I might accept their preferences,  but,  on a personal level,  I would not want to marry a person who is not a real woman   . . . . .    and I am not alone.  Think about it,  the transgender person  marginalizes "their" position as a person.  Plenty of room for the marginalized,  but facts are facts.  Big feet  (Jenner wears a size 12 shoe,  I am told),  the existence of the "Adam's apple" (women have no such feature),  continuing battles with prostate cancer,  a deep voice (for most),  phony boobs,  a non-functioning virgina,  a walk that iks more "man" than "woman,"  and male pattern baldness,  are a few of the issues of a transgender woman. 

Do these folks deserve their personal space?  Of course.  Yes.  Absolutely.    I am one who believes that if you want to sew a donkey's butt on your backside,  fine with me.  But don't take away my freedom to criticize. 

1 comment:

  1. You almost rise to the level of Hemingway with your last statement. Amen !!!!

    ReplyDelete