The idealism of the Left is, often, enviable but its pervasive victimology trumphs all idealogical value. One Progressive explains why he has tired this victimolgy.

I couldn't stand the sense of victimization that infuses this place.  It is omnipresent.  It defines DailyKos.  I am absolutely sick of it.
Everybody has a grievance, and their own particular grievance is paramount.  It's all about me.  As a person of color.  As a person with disability.  As a person who came to this country illegally.  As a person who wants to live with another person of the same sex, and get all the tax benefits...even though people who live with another person of the opposite sex don't.
Everyone is a victim here.
It gets tiring  . . . . . .   My party doesn't even speak to me these days.  They speak past me, to the fringe they feel they need to lock in in order to win the next election.  And they have been doing this for at least 25 years.
So...yeah...I am done with this place, but I'm not done with the Democratic Party.  The only alternative is the GOP.  Which also doesn't speak to me.
Nobody, it seems, does.
Read the full article at the Daily Kos, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment