Midknight Review (the blog) concerns itself with a single slice of the daily news feed, that of national politics. How is that going for this Review?

<<<  The new look of journalism,  today  . . . .  only in America !!!

The returning reader is well aware of my "complaint" about the news cycle.  My "slice of the daily news pie" has to do with the national politics of the day.  That is my choice,  of course.  I could not care less about Justin Beber or whatever his name is,  the tantalizing/slut news coming out of Hollywood,  local politics (although I am involved in same),  the increasing or persistent cultural divide in this country,  except as it relates to the national politic,  sports as a general subject and so on . . . .  national politics and little more,  is the ongoing context of this blog.

I am fiercely "independent" and do not financially support either major party.  I agree with the Tea Party's four major concerns,  those being (1) personal liberties/personal responsiblity, (2) balanced budgeting, (3) patriotism as defined by our nation's historicity,  and,  (4) Constitutional law.  However,  I am not a registered member of any "tea party" group.

I am college educated,  69 year old Boomer, a qualified "pastoral family counselor,"  a retired Senior Pastor (14 years),  a General Engineering Contract  (33 years - State Class A license), a special-ed tutor (3 years) and a youth wrestling coach (33 years with 16 state champions).     I am not a professional author or journalist.  My blog reflects all of the above.  My perspective, then, is blue collar, hard working,  educated, community minded, a business man and church going man  who loves his wife and his motorcycle,  in that order.

I have been blogging since 2007  (Midknight Review since late 2008).  This blog has recorded 1.26 million hits,  over the years. . . . . . nearly 2 million hits I include my three additional blogs.  I am admittedly small time,  but influential to a degree.  I do not have enough patience when it comes to proof reading,  but,  again,  I am no professional. I continue to try to improve in this effort,  but "proofing" is a bitch for me.  I blame it on my ADD.

The blog is free of advertisement,  which gives me a little more latitude in my "cut and paste" reviews as to copyright law.  58% of my audience is female,  and college educated.  I have had as many as 4500 hits in a single day,  and as few as 550,  since 2011.

The blog was shut down on December 24, 2009,  permanently.  I lost all my traffic, my URL address, and, all individual autographs.   Three days later I began anew,   with the amended heading,  Midknight Review "- new and revised."    I know what it is like to have someone usurp their power over you.  Never thought it would happen in this country,  but it did.  And,  that event will forever define my concern for the advancement of freedom.  Obviously,  those in power,  today (and for the first time in our nation's history),  are determined to "win the national debate,"  even if that means violating the established rights of their opposition.  I call them "the enemy within."  They are Utopian/One Worlders with no regard for the Constitution except as they can use that document to defeat that document.  They are ashamed of this country and have bought into the Black Angst that defines the victim class of all who have chosen Marxism in whatever form,  over and against the grand traditions and documents of this once great nation.  

As to my "compliant" and today's news cycle,  Obama has been a Lame Duck since the signing of the Dodd/Frank "too big to fail" finance law (July of 2010).  His inability or refusal to compromise on his persoanl agenda for this country coupled with a total and childish disregard for protocol and diplomacy, has isolated him from any close ties within his own party or in the international community.  As a result,  he is considered irrelevant and untrustworthy on the domestic front,  and of no consequence,  internationally.

As a result,  this particular pre-election news cycle,  is devoid of political significance, with the exception of the mess he has made in the Middle East.  And,  that is my "complaint  . . . .  no news to report.

It appears to me,  that we all have made up our minds as to whether or not we will attend this election,  and who will receive our votes.  We are just waiting while many Democrats incumbents avoid Obama long enough to fool the voters.

I will continue to scour the news portals I have used,  over the years.  Your visits to this blog give reason for continued involvement.  Sooner or later,  Obama will ramp up his seditious form of governance in the remaining two years following this election.  Stay tuned,  we will have plenty to talk about.


2 comments: