Note to the readership: I will be leaving for Boise this morning (May 15) and will be gone until may 21. See my update (May 24).

50 share
For the first time in years,   I am not taking my computer.  Leaving on my VTX 1800 for Boise,  then down through Eastern Oregon into California and Susanville.  From there,  I plan to take Highway 44 into Redding,  and then home  (in the Fresno area).  

Nothing of import going on,  in politics,  anyway.  Been that way for nearly four years now.  I believe that the nation is simply waiting for this episode in our history to be over.  Most have made up their minds.  That is why the negatives on Obama are so very consistent.  Once you are branded a liar and one who cannot be trusted,  you do not get a "do-over."  That is a fact of political life.  

Talk to all soon. 

Update:  Left town on my way to Boise,  Thursday morning around 4:30, May 15.   It was fairly cold,  so I wore my leather chaps and heaviest jacket.  Three hours later,  I went down at 50 mph,  in Sacramento rush hour traffic.  Thank goodness the fellow behind me was not texting,  or I would be dead, right about now.  With help,  we got the bike back to a standing position,  decided I did not have any broken bones, so I rode on and finished my trip to Boise.  I came back the following Wednesday with my left side rib-cage hurting to some degree.  By Thursday night (at home) I was hurting so bad,  my kids took me to the ER in a near-by down.  I was there from 9 pm to 5:30 am,  the next morning.   Turns out I didn't break or fracture anything; no blood clouts.  They put me on some heavy duty pain medication.  Tonight,  Saturday night, I am improving but still using the pain medication  . . . . .  maybe another day or two will take care of that.   Sorry to disappoint some,  but I made it.  

4 comments:

  1. Yes, liars can't be redeemed, especially when their lies result in mass murder,
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/23/bush.iraq/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin pretty stout there, John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mass murder like watching 32 of our Navy Seals shot down while the American forces were told to stand down, or Benghazi and the deaths of four while Obama slept and got ready for a campaign speech the next morning, or the 500 Mexicans murdered with guns from Fast and Furious? Surely you are not counting those civilians killed in Iraq by the Muslim terrorists in that country, And none of this changes the fact that Obama has been branded a liar and will have to live with that, the rest of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, every Muslim that was killed in Iraq was a terrorist.... according to people like Smithson, all Muslims, or for that matter, all Iraqis are terrorists.

    ReplyDelete